Shop for "Cheap Treadmills"
Cheap Treadmills in subcategories
T&Mates: $ 15.84. Mirity: $ 24.99 with FREE SHIPPING.DTOFREE: $ 94.97. Unknown: $ 34.99. CYANY: $ 4. Dark Iron Fitness: $ 36.99 with FREE SHIPPING.Crazy Dog T-Shirts: $ 20.99 with FREE SHIPPING.Freerun: $ 56.95.
Buying a cheap but good treadmill seems to be difficult. Motorized treadmills for home use are about $750 – $5000, but you get what you pay for when it comes to treadmills. You may have a less powerful motor, less solid construction as well as fewer options for adjusting the incline, pre-set workouts for an under $1,000 motorized treadmill.
But what should you do if you still want to use a good treadmill and still can not afford the brand-new best models?
Finding the Treadmill Bargains
Some better quality motorized treadmills which have been used can have good discounts. You can also get almost-unused or practically new treadmills sold as used as the New Year’s Resolutions wear off.
- Online shopping is another good choice. You can try eBay, Craigslist and Online Listings, and to try to find a local seller so as to decrease shipping costs
- Local Classified Advertisements: such as local newspaper or shopper newsletter
- Charity Thrift Stores: you can try Goodwill.
- There are many exercise equipment stores sell second-hand treadmills. E.g.: Play It Again Sports in United States and Canada
- Local gyms and fitness clubs. Club treadmills are usually of the best quality. They often sell their used equipment when they need replacement or they go of business.
- Before You Buy a Treadmill: Whether buying new or used, you may find it useful when about to buy a treadmill
- Top Picks for Budget Treadmills: with the price up to $1500.
- Top Picks for Mid-Range Treadmills: price range: $1500 – $3000.
- Top Picks for Quality Treadmills: Over $3000.
Use Somebody Else’s Quality Treadmill
A home treadmill is convenient for you, but using treadmills at gyms, schools and fitness clubs is a good choice because their treadmills are far more solid and often have more options for pre-set workouts, incline settings as well as many other useful features.
- Fitness Clubs: Become a member of a low-monthly-fee-club so that you can use their equipment frequently.
- School Gyms: Another choice is to check into getting access to a school gym (local community colleges, for example). Usually the fee for sign up to audit a course, if required, is relatively not much.
- Work Fitness Centers: If your company or those of your immediate family have an on-site workout room, it’s great! Some companies also give discounts for their employees to use local gyms or fitness clubs.
- Community Centers: You can volunteer at local senior centers, parks departments, after-school program centers, etc. and earn the perks of using their equipment in case they have facilities available to the public for free or for a low fee.
- Health Programs and Medical Centers: Your health plan, Health Maintenance Organization, or local medical centers may have workout facilities available and may offer you a free or inexpensive fitness or weight loss program.
- Recreation Centers: Many apartments, condo complexes or senior living facilities have fitness centers. If your close friends or immediate family live there, you can ask them and check the rules of use
Maybe you have been thinking of a convenient home treadmill for personal security and staying out of the weather, but don’t forget that your feet, the local sidewalks or indoors shopping malls are totally free. Yes, you can just walk!
- Mall walking: It’s convenient that bathrooms and water fountains are available and you can circle inside without crowds. Mall walkers can find many shopping malls and large shopping centers that open early for them.
- Make sure you dress for the weather, get ready, leave your house and get onto the sidewalks to enjoy your exercising time!
- How to Walk in the Rain
- How to Walk in the Cold
- Strategies for Winter and Night Walking
- How to Walk in Hot Weather
- How to avoid Stranger Danger
Other Home Fitness Equipment
(Note: You should walk or run on a treadmill or outdoors if you are training to walk or run. Other equipment provides crosstraining rather than an alternative for walking or running.)
A good cardio workout can be a good alternative choice if you want to burn calories and burn off. And an elliptical trainer or exercise bike can help you tone your body.
- Before You Buy Home Fitness Equipment: How to know what equipment is suitable for you.
- Before You Buy an Elliptical Trainer: With the same amount of money, you can get a top quality Elliptical Trainer instead of a low-quality treadmill. They give a lower impact workout while exercising both your upper and lower body.
- Exercise Bikes: A good new exercise bike is just around $500. You can even find great bargains for second-hand ones.